Zach’s physical therapist participated in the Kida Relay (Kee-dah) that’s a 24 hour running and biking relay here in Utah County. It was started lasted year by a family whose daughter was born with cerebral palsy and the money made benefits Kids on the Move, the Early Intervention (EI) Program for northern Utah County. His therapist, Kim, is with Kids Who Count, EI for southern Utah County. They had a 25 yard kids’ dash and they could use any form of mobility. Kim invited us and some of the other kids she works with to participate. I thought, okay, I really need to get out and do things more often, maybe I can even meet people!
Carlos had to work so I loaded up the boys and the dymanic stander and headed out to Lincoln Beach at Utah Lake. We’re pretty close but it was still farther than I remembered and so we pulled up just as they were ready to start the race. Well, we weren’t the only ones so they did a second race for us latecomers. It wasn’t really that big of a deal but it was still fun for the kids.
Jaiden ran and did a great job and was thrilled with the ‘medal’ he got. It was more like a dog-tag but he loves it. Austin refused to even join us and just stood by the car the whole time. And Zach refused to push himself, so he just stayed there until I ran over to push him and tried to get him to go himself.
We made it across dead last and by the time we got there he started to look semi-excited. But he still wouldn’t push himself. He was, however, thrilled with the licorice he got!
We spent some time hanging out at the beach and throwing rocks then the kids jumped in a bounce house while we waited for Kim to get back from her ride.
It was fun to get out and expand my comfort zone a little!
3 comments:
Those are great pictures at the beach! Tons of character...or characters.... hehehe
That's really awesome! Looks like everyone had a good time!!
The picture of Zach at the starting line is too cute!! Grey is the same way...he will do something a hundred times, but when I WANT him to do it...NO WAY!! :)
Post a Comment