Thursday, February 26, 2009

What did we do?

We prayed.  A lot.  And family prayed with us.  We were given beautiful blessings and felt so much peace.  We knew it would be hard.  We knew that our lives would change.  We knew that this little baby was supposed to come to us.  
How did we prepare?  I don't know if we really did.  My strategy for surviving was to not research too much because most of the information on the internet was extremely terrifying and worst-case scenario.  And I knew that no matter what I knew, it wouldn't change things.  I learned what I needed to know and, as I felt ready, continued to learn new things.  But I didn't get his things ready because there was so much that we didn't and wouldn't know until he was born and even beyond.  I couldn't deal with the 'what if' questions and so I didn't.  That was my way of grieving.  Maybe I was in denial but I think that I just made a conscious choice to realize that things were in God's hands and that everything would be okay.  
And it was.  We have many trials and challenges ahead but we also have three beautiful boys to accompany and bless our lives as we press forward and constantly reach for new heights.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard about this and thought of you. Is this the type of shunt Zachary has?

Medtronic BioGlide Ventricular Catheter Recall
http://intermountainhealthcare.org/hospitals/primarychildrens/shunt/Pages/home.aspx

Amanda said...

It is, we did get a letter from Primary Children's about it. We are going to have the CT scan since we were concerned about it when he was first born but they decided it was okay. Better to check it out, especially since it's free!

Unknown said...

Amanda this story is so inspiring.....I had no idea. What precious miracles you have been blessed with. You have a an amazing Faith and I pray for the very best for your little man and for your little family....What a beautiful family you have. Best wishes to you
Donetta Egbert